Resources and Funding for Research

Presenting results and conducting analyses in the field or the lab can cost money. Find money to support your research:

Apply for Jackson School research funding

If you are a EPS student (General Geology, Hydrogeology, Geophysics, Environmental Science) and in good standing, you can apply for funds to support your research.

Undergraduate research fellowship

The School of Undergraduate Studies offers a research fellowship for all currently enrolled UT undergraduate students. The Undergraduate Research Fellowship provides up to $1,000 to cover costs associated with academic research projects proposed and written by student applicants. For more information, including how to apply and deadlines, visit Undergraduate Research Fellowship.

Funding, scholarships and grants

There are many funding sources available within and outside the University to conduct research, purchase equipment, attend science events, or present your work. The following should not be considered an exhaustive list.

Pro Tip!

Science meetings, events and conferences…

If you are attending a national or local meeting, always check the website or inquire with the coordinator about any student travel grants or opportunities where you can volunteer to cover the registration costs.